- 31 May for Summer intake (August orientation)
- 30 September for Spring intake (February orientation)
JHF requires all new candidates to attend the five-day JHF Orientation, usually in Hong Kong, prior to serving in China. Orientation is in either August or Spring break. This enables candidates to get to know the people and work of JHF, and also provides important China orientation. We cannot over-emphasise the need to be as fully prepared as possible for living in China, and orientation will help provide this.
Placement in China:
Whether an applicant responds to a specific opportunity or makes a general application, JHF will process the associate application prior to confirming any placement in China. New associates join one of the JHF cluster groups in China. They are presently located in: Beijing, Changsha, Fujian, Guangxi, Qingdao, Qinghai, Shanghai, Tianjin, Urumqi, Xi’an, Yunnan.
All active associates are expected to arrange for full health insurance coverage.
JHF holds an annual conference during the Spring Festival (Chinese New Year) for all associates.
1. An application fee of HK$800 per person or HK$ 1,450 for a married couple is required to start the formal application process (the bank fee is being accounted for).
2. A basic annual fee for associates is levied, to help towards meeting the costs of JHF services:
Annual fee for singles: HK$4,775 (exchange rate based on the day fee is charged)
Annual fee for couples: HK$6,680
3. The JHF Orientation for a new associate: approx. HK$3,500.
All fees are given in Hong Kong Dollars. For an approximate cost in other currencies, please check XE.com - The Universal Currency Converter ®.
A 7.9% admin fee is charged if JHF account threshold is above HK$84,500 for a couple (HK$60,400 for a single).
Other costs such as annual conference, medical insurance, pensions, travel, visas, accommodation and living expenses in China are the responsibility of the associate.
If you want to know more, email us at JHF Applications.