We don’t accept payment in Salt (as they did in ancient China), but you’ll find our costs quite reasonable…
Use the “contact form” (or Facebook link at the top of each page) to ask for details, but here are some of the dates and numbers you might be looking for.
New associates can start twice a year. The application deadlines are:
- 31 May for Summer intake (August orientation)
- 30 October for Spring intake (Chinese New Year orientation)
Costs: (all are shown in Hong Kong dollars; subject to change without notice)
- A non-refundable application fee of HK$1200 per person or HK$1,850 for a married couple is required to start the formal application process (though we welcome questions and a dialog before that).
- All associates pay a basic annual fee: (effective Jan 1, 2020; this has been increasing about 3% annually)
Annual fee for singles: HK$5,700
Annual fee for couples/families: HK$7,870
- The JHF Orientation Program for a new associate (participation required): approx. HK$3,500 per adult.
- Associates are expected to attend an annual conference (normally in Thailand); you need to work this into your budget. Costs in 2019 were: HK$3990 per adult; $1339 child 12-17 yrs; $787 child 4-11 yrs. Extra fees may apply (extra bed, extra room, etc).
- A few associates raise donations for the foundation and then apply for grants to help cover costs that would strain their local salary, such as annual conference, medical insurance, pension contributions, travel for multiple children, visas, and professional expenses in China. Additional administrative fees may apply to such funds, depending on your nationality and circumstances (e.g., 7.7% admin fee in Hong Kong). Various regulations and procedures apply; in interested, please inquire early in the application process.
JHF sets no specified “expected budget,” and associates enjoy a lot of flexibility when it comes to things like relocation, reporting, and use of leisure time.
Contact us for details, or with specific questions.
All fees are given in Hong Kong Dollars. For an approximate cost in other currencies, please check XE.com – The Universal Currency Converter ®. In 2018, HK$1000 was approximately US$130.