JHF expects our Associates to be professionals with a high degree of autonomy, but our staff is nearby to offer support while also promoting the relationships that make life enjoyable.
Some of the benefits of becoming a JHF Associate
- Annual Conference
- JHF’s annual conference is a week-long event in Thailand or Hong Kong, meticulously designed to encourage, inspire, and provide a chance to rest. In addition to professional development seminars for Associates, we offer a Sunday-school-style program for children. Many of our children (and their parents) see the conference as a highlight of the year.
- Low fees, high flexibility
- JHF’s Annual Fee is lower than most organizations with a similar focus. Likewise, the Administrative Fee for optional supplemental support (from your family and friends) is very low compared to similar organizations. JHF sets no specified “minimum salary” or “support level,” and Associates enjoy a lot of flexibility when it comes to things like relocation, reporting, and use of after-work hours.
- Professional support networks
- JHF Associates take their professions seriously, desiring to serve with skill and compassion. Our Associates work with local colleagues to strengthen their professions in China, to educate the next generation, and to meet current needs through Christian compassion. As such, we are available to each other to answer professional questions, share resources, and support each other in other ways. Specific support for some professions (such as seminars for teachers) is also a part of our annual conference.
- Group health insurance
- Local insurance policies often lack the comprehensive coverage foreign professionals need for themselves and their families. JHF Associates are eligible for a 20% discount on an international, group health insurance policy with Talent Trust Consultants (TTC) of Malaysia. [Ask about other health insurance options.]
- Responsive, nearby leadership
- JHF Headquarters and Board of Directors are in Hong Kong, in the same time zone as our Associates. Our HK staff is readily available to answer enquiries, and to assist Associates who come to HK for special needs (medical, transit, etc). Furthermore, fellow Associates actively serve on the Executive-Team in order to give broader participation and input in leadership decisions. Members of the JHF leadership team also visit our Associates’ service locations throughout the year.
- International representation
- Though we are a small organization, run mostly by volunteers, JHF offers recruiting and support help in several countries. Write to ask us for information specific to Japan, the Netherlands, New Zealand, the United Kingdom, and the United States. (We also have partners in Germany, and current or former Associates from a host of nations.)
- Reasonable requirements
- JHF understands that experts may face competing demands related to work, publishing, professional development, and other connections. While many Associates attend JHF’s conference annually and stay in close contact, actual requirements are light compared to similar organizations: conference attendance only once every three years, and minimal reporting/paperwork.
- A spiritual connection
- We believe that human effort is just one key to success in our professional endeavors; prayer is another! Our staff and Boards continuously lift up the people connected through JHF.
- Perhaps the best “perk” is JHF’s family atmosphere, especially felt at the annual conference. In most cities, this “family” feel is also seen in monthly cluster meetings and Sunday gatherings. As long as JHF exists, no foreign professional who serves in China needs to feel alone!
For additional information, click on the “contact us” or “fees” tab in the menu. (Our Facebook address is “Jian Hua Foundation – HK.”)